October 24 – 28, 2019
Begin & end in Reykjavik with a three-day tour along the south coast taking you to some of Iceland’s most precious jewels – glaciers, Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon, a diamond beach, magnificent waterfalls, an ice cave, the Golden Circle and possibly the Northern Lights.
Day 1 – Arrive Reykjavik
Arrive early in the morning, spend the day in Reykjavik exploring it’s Viking heritage, museums, churches and fun nightlife. Then begin a 3 day small group tour of the south coast, exploring waterfalls, black sand beaches, geysers, and extremely beautiful landscapes.
Day 2 – The Famous Golden Circle Route
- Þingvellir National Park (Thingvellir)
- Geysir hot spring area
- Gullfoss Waterfall
- Seljalandsfoss Waterfall
- Skógafoss Waterfall
- The small coast town Vík where we will stay overnight
Day 3 – Black Sand Beach, Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon and an Ice Cave Exploration
- Reynisfjara Black Sand Beach
- Basalt pillars of Reynisdrangar
- Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon
- The Diamond Beach
- Natural Ice Cave with guided tour
- Overnight in Skaftafell area
Day 4 – Glacier Hike on Vatnajökull Glacier
- Glacier walk on Vatnajökull glacier
- Fjaðrárgljúfur Canyon
- Return to Reykjavik
Day 5 – Reykjavik and then head to the airport for home
Return to Reykjavik to catch the places you didn’t see yet or maybe take a soothing dip in the Blue Lagoon before returning on your flight home.
- Explore more of Reykjavik
- Optional trip to the Blue Lagoon
Hotels, transfers, tour as indicated in itinerary, breakfast, $1700 per person. Pricing is based on double occupancy. ($300 for single room request) We will match same gender roommates.
Gratuities and International airfare is not included.