Great Wines of BordeauxAugust 19-24, 2022
Enjoy cruising along the Garonne and Dordogne in the heart of the Bordeaux region of France. Wines, history, architecture, will be part of each day's experience.
Duration: 6 days, 5 nights
Investment: Pricing starts at $2042 per person based on double occupancy
Let yourself be carried by an inspiring cruise along the Garonne and the Dordogne. You will be transported to the heart of Bordeaux and its region. You will discover this unmissable and surprising city many of whose monuments are listed as World Heritage Sites by UNESCO, and visit the Blaye citadel which majestically dominates the estuary. Following the trail of the Grands Crus wines, we will taste wines while exploring the beautiful countryside and amazing history in the area.
Start with an optional pre stay in Paris before heading to Bordeaux for the start of our cruise.
1. Savor the Grand Crus wines of Médoc while enjoying the history and architecture of Pauillac.
2. Visit the Blaye Citadel designed in the 17th century by the famous military architect Vauban.
3. Tour beautiful Saint-Emilion, a beautiful medieval city known for its fabulous wines.
4. Explore Bordeaux gracing the river, a capital of wine, castles and history.
Itinerary – August 19-24, 2022
DAY 1 BORDEAUX
- Passengers are welcome to board our ship at 6:00 p.m. After comfortably settling into your cabins, we’ll introduce our crew at a welcome cocktail and evening.
- DAY 2 BORDEAUX – CUSSAC-FORT-MEDOC – THE MÉDOC
- We’ll begin towards Cussac-Fort-Médoc.
In the afternoon, join us for the excursions proposed:
CLASSIC: Following the trail of the Grands Crus wines of Médoc, a renowned region where the most famous of all red wines in the world are cultivated.
DISCOVERY: Discover Pauillac’s history, architecture, and legends during a walking tour of the city. We’ll finish up the experience with a tasting* of wine and cheese.
We’ll return on board for dinner and an evening of entertainment.
- DAY 3 CUSSAC-FORT-MEDOC – THE GIRONDE ESTUARY – BLAYE(1)
- We’ll start sailing early this morning towards Blaye, whose Citadel built by Vauban is not to be missed. Join us on the excursions proposed:
CLASSIC: The Route de la Corniche Fleurie and the Blaye Citadel, journey through tradition and authenticity.
DISCOVERY: Tour Blaye and its underground monuments on foot. After our tour, we’ll get to taste some regional products with an excellent glass of wine*.
We’ll return on board and cruise on the Gironde all the way to the estuary. Enjoy an evening of dancing.
- DAY 4 BLAYE(1) – LIBOURNE(1) – SAINT-EMILION
- We’ll cruise to Libourne, a town rich with history and full of character located at the confluence with the Isle and the Dordogne Rivers. Upon arrival, join us for an excursion for both packages: tour of Saint-Emilion. We’ll return on board in Libourne. Tonight is our festive gala dinner and evening.
- DAY 5 LIBOURNE(1) – BORDEAUX
- We’ll cruise towards Bordeaux this morning. Join us on theexcursions proposed:
CLASSIC: Guided tour of Bordeaux, listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
DISCOVERY: Visit to La Cité du Vin and wine-tasting*.
Enjoy an evening of entertainment.
- DAY 6 BORDEAUX
- Enjoy one last buffet breakfast on board before disembarking at 9:00 a.m. End of our services.
- Discover the Gironde and the Garonne estuaries
- Excursions Included:
- Bordeaux, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and the Cité du Vin*
- The Grand Cru wines of the region
- Blaye and Vauban’s citadel
- Saint-Emilion, the history of a medieval village
- ALL INCLUSIVE ON BOARD
THE CROISIEUROPE DIFFERENCE
- All meals included – DRINKS INCLUDED with meals and at the bar
- Refined French cuisine – Gala dinner and evening – Welcome cocktail
- Free Wi-Fi in lounge and bar
- Headsets are included for excursions
- Official welcome from the captain and crew
- Onboard activities
- Travel assistance and repatriation insurance
- All port fees included
- Not Included:
- International flights
- Transfer from Paris
- Drinks from the special list or drinks ordered on excursions
- Travel insurance
Upper Deck – $2285 per person $1999 per person (early booking discount)
Middle Deck – $2255 per person $1969 per person (early booking discount)
Main Deck – $2042 per person $1756 per person (early booking discount)
Single Supplement price for this program is $699
Don’t Miss a Beat!
Register Here To Reserve Your Place On This Tour
- Small Group Tours
- Solo Travel
- L and L Garden Tours
Follow Me On:
© 2020 CP Franchising, LLC, dba Cruise Planners. All rights reserved.
Independently Owned & Operated Travel Franchise