Visiting the Gardens of Yorkshire England
June 23—30, 2018
Showcasing local Yorkshire gardens and those of the Royal Horticultural Society. Blending garden
tours with history and culture.
From the Yorkshire Moors to the sea shore.
Join our Garden Expert, Layanee DeMerchant on this vibrant tour of the Yorkshire Countryside.
• Flights round trip from Boston to London
• All ground transportation
• Hotel Accommodations in a double or twin share room (solo rooms available for a supplemental fee)
• Breakfast and dinner each day
• All entrance fees to gardens listed on the itinerary
• Garden Expert and tour coordinator
• Gratuities for driver and other services
• Travel insurance (please inquire for details)
• Lunch and activities not listed on the itinerary
Pricing: $2984 per person based on double occupancy ($3398 for solo room)
Non refundable Deposit of $250 due at registration
Additional $350 to secure air on February 1st.
Final payment on April 1st 2018.
Please book by February 15, 2018 to secure your place
Preliminary Itinerary for Yorkshire Garden Tour
(Please note – gardens may change based on availability)
June 23 – Depart Boston for England on Delta 7:23pm
June 24 – Day 1 – Welcome to England, local time 7:05am. We will meet our coach at Heathrow Airport and then head north to Harrogate in Yorkshire. To break up the ride, we will stop for a lunch break at Felley Priory in North Nottinghamshire. After enjoying lunch, walking the gardens to stretch our legs, we then continue on to Harrogate to our hotel. Cedar Court Hotel, Harrogate, England. Twin share rooms or doubles, based on double occupancy. Single supplement for solo room.
June 25 – Day 2 – Today after breakfast, we visit the Ripon area of Yorkshire.
• Morning – NGS (National Garden Scheme) Newby Hall & Gardens
• Lunch – Fountains Abbey and Sudley Water Garden, an ancient abbey ruins and an awe-inspiring water garden. This is a World Heritage Site.
• Afternoon – NGS Greencroft and Littlethorpe House
June 26 – Day 3 –Today we will travel to Northwest Yorkshire
• Morning – Visit three NGS gardens that are connected – Woodlands Cottage, Dacre Banks & Summerbridge
• Lunch – RHS (Royal Horticultural Society) Harlow Carr gardens. A garden with a wide variety of growing landscapes ranging from woodland to wildflower meadows.
• Afternoon – NGS Cold Cotes, discrete and formal gardens, sweeping herbaceous borders inspired by designer Piet Oudolf.
June 27 – Day 4 – A visit to the seashore today, driving through Northeast Yorkshire to Scarborough
• Morning – NGS Daneswell House
• Lunch – NGS Scrampston Walled Garden
• Afternoon – Scarborough Castle, 3,000 years of history, we will visit the castle and enjoy the panoramic views of the dramatic Yorkshire coastline. Afterward we will stroll through the popular original seaside resort of Scarborough, loved by British holiday goers.
June 28 – Day 5 – Our adventure continues on the north moors, listening to the wind, we may hear Catherine calling out to Heathcliff!
• Morning – NGS Shandy Hall Gardens
• Lunch – Helmsley Walled Garden, a tranquil and inviting space nestling at the foot of the North York Moors.
• Afternoon – NGS Rewela Cottage
June 29 – Day 6 – No visit to Yorkshire would be complete without visiting the walled city of York.
• Morning – Visit York, a wealth of culture, architecture, and history.
• Lunch – In York
• Afternoon – Leaving York we will travel south to Windsor for the night to prepare for our flight home in the morning. We will stop and visit a garden to stretch our legs (Garden TBD).
• Overnight in Windsor, Royal Adelaide Hotel
June 30 – Day 7 – After an early breakfast we will proceed to the airport for our return flight to Boston. Delta, departing 9:40am arriving in Boston at 12:18pm.