Escape To The AzoresJune 10-15, 2021
From Geothermal hot springs, to hiking a caldera, visiting Terra Nostra Gardens full of unique plants, the Azores has something for everyone.
Duration: 5 days, 4 nights
Investment: $720 per person double (will pair same gender roommates) Solo supplement $250.00.
This 5-day itinerary features the natural beauty of São Miguel island! It is perfect for families, full of culture, history, and of course adventure! (With lots of activities for everyone!) Highlights include a visit to a pineapple plantation, a visit to Europe’s oldest tea factory, & maybe even a dip in the natural, geothermal hot springs!
1. Visit a pinapple plantation
2. Enjoy a “cozido” style lunch cooked underground
3. Walk the trails around the caldera of Sete Cidades
4. Explore the wonderful town of Ponta Delgada rich with history, delicious restaurants and friendly people
5. Visit the oldest tea factory in Europe
Itinerary – June 10-15, 2021
Day 1 – Arrive after your non-stop flight from Boston (not included) and explore the old town of Ponta Delgada, learning about the history and development of these Atlantic Island Gems. We recommend you head to the local market or the local cheese store to check out the islands amazing products.
Day 2 – Full day tour to the eastern side of the island to Lagoa Furnas, Furnas town and the 24-acreTerra Nostra Garden. Choose to walk, canoe or kayak around the lake and check out the unique sulfur springs where the locals are using the natural geothermal heat to cook their food. Enjoy a typical “cozido” style lunch and then take a tour of the Terra Nostra Gardens to visit the grounds and dip in the natural, mineral, geothermal hot springs. Return to your hotel via the northern coast and a visit to the oldest tea factory in Europe.
Day 3 – Full day tour to the north through the middle of the island passing by Lago do Fogo (Lake of Fire) to explore the historical village of Ribeira Grande. Then head west to walk the trails around the caldera of Sete Cidades, the most photographed site in the Azores. Stop at a local pineapple plantation to learn about the #1 export from the Azores.
Day 4 – Free day to explore. Maybe a whale watching boat trip, hiking to a beautiful waterfall, sampling some delicious port wine, or relaxing on the beach.
Day 5 – Head home after a fabulous getaway.
Your Trip Includes:
- 4 nights at the 4* Hotel Colégio, with guaranteed early arrival
- Daily breakfast
- Roundtrip airport transfers
- Full day tour to the Terra Nostra Gardens (24 acres) with time to dip in the hot springs if interested, a stop at the Tea plantation, and a local ‘cozido’ lunch
- Full day to Sete Cidades with a visit to the local pineapple plantation and a local lunch
- Local island tax
Your tour does not include:
- International airfare
- Meals other than mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal incidentals
- Travel insurance
Don’t Miss A Beat!
Register Now To Reserve Your Place On This Tour!
- Small Group Tours
- Solo Travel
- L and L Garden Tours